Learn about the basics of helping your clients with scoliosis. Learn to perform a core test, ligament flexibility test and to screen for scoliosis, as well as assist clients with a home exercise program.
List of Objectives
Students will be able to:
- Define scoliosis and give facts about scoliosis to clients;
- Describe the hallmarks of conservative scoliosis management;
- Apply a core self test;
- Perform a screen for scoliosis;
- Perform a validated benign hypermobility test;
- Facilitate details of trunk core usage;
- Set up a wall-spring home exercise unit; (purchase separately; NOT REQUIRED to complete the course, but helpful)
- Learn 24 basic Pilates-based exercises focusing on scoliosis management and improvement, using a wall unit or traditional Pilates apparati;
- Facilitate trunk shift control to promote scoliosis management
- Learn tips for daily cueing to aid comfort and promote better function in standing, walking and sitting.
- 3 Contact Hours (3 PMA CECs, 3 CaBRN CEUs, 3 CPTA CEUs)
- Target Audience:
- Physical Therapists and PT Assistants
- California Nurses (CA Board of Registered Nursing)
- Educational Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Special Needs Requests will be accommodated wherever possible. Pilates Therapeutics is committed to 100% customer satisfaction.