List of Objectives
- Describe the skeletal anatomy of the pelvis, with its gender differences and its relationship to the spine and lower extremities
- Explain the physical dynamics of the pelvis
- Describe the best postural positions and relationship of the head, back, pelvis and lower extremities in relation to the center of gravity
- Explain the importance of the intervertebral discs, and the impact of posture upon their health
- Facilitate the use of the inner unit and describe its importance in the stability of the low back
- Apply the Beighton criteria for hypermobility
- Describe using the Pilates Method in lumbar stabilization
- Describe the neurodevelopmental sequence and its importance to gait
- Learn and experiment with 24 Pilates-based mat exercises specifically designed to promote balancing of imbalanced pelvic musculature and so improve low back stability and optimal lower extremity mechanics.
- 5 Contact Hours (5 NPCP CECs)
- Target Audience:
- NPCP Nationally Certified Pilates Teachers
- Educational Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Special Needs Requests will be accommodated wherever possible. Pilates Therapeutics is committed to 100% customer satisfaction.