Dr. Suzanne Martin, PT, DPT is a physical therapist and Pilates expert with a private practice in the SF Bay Area, Total Body Development. She has authored four titles on fitness for DK Publishing, a division of Penguin Group, and has a new book coming out in early 2018 through Handspring Press. She has written regular columns on health topics for Dance Magazine, Pilates Style and Dance Studio Life.
Suzanne presents workshops and master classes worldwide and in the US, through Balanced Body University, the PMA and other providers, as well as through her own company, Pilates Therapeutics LLC. Pilates Therapeutics is an education company, formed in 2002 to produce and distribute educational videos, workshops and continuing education courses, designed to present the Pilates Method as a rehabilitation modality for a variety of health and fitness conditions.
Pilates Therapeutics LLC is an approved Continuing Education provider for the California Board of Registered Nursing, California State Physical Therapy Association (CAPTA) and the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA).
Certifications | Qualifications
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, 2004
- Masters of Physical Therapy, 1997
- Pilates Method Alliance: Master Pilates Trainer (Gold Certification) and PMA®-CPT, 2005–present
- American College of Sports Medicine, Specialist in Exercise for Cancer; Fitness Trainer, 1988–present
- St. Francis Memorial Hospital; Pilates Rehabilitation Trainer, 1988
- American Council on Exercise; Group Fitness Trainer, 1988–present
- Moms on the Move, Pre-& Post-natal Exercise, 1988
- State of California Teaching Credentials: College-level Dance; Physical Fitness Older Adults, 1980