Learn about the basics of helping your clients with scoliosis. Learn to perform a core test, ligament flexibility test and to screen for scoliosis, as well as assist clients with a home exercise program.
List of Objectives
Students will be able to:
- Define scoliosis and give facts about scoliosis to clients
- Describe the hallmarks of conservative scoliosis management
- Apply a core self test
- Perform a screen for scoliosis
- Perform a validated benign hypermobility test
- Facilitate details of trunk core usage
- Set up a wall-spring home exercise unit; (purchase separately; NOT REQUIRED to complete the course, but helpful)
- Learn 24 basic Pilates-based exercises focusing on scoliosis management and improvement, using a wall unit or traditional Pilates tools
- Facilitate trunk shift control to promote scoliosis management
- Learn tips for daily cueing to aid comfort and promote better function in standing, walking and sitting.
- 3 Contact Hours (3 NPCP CECs)
- Target Audience:
- PMA® NPCP Nationally Certified Pilates Teachers
- Educational Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Special Needs Requests will be accommodated wherever possible. Pilates Therapeutics is committed to 100% customer satisfaction.