Spinal Asymmetry and Scoliosis – Level 1 Essentials
2022-2023 Dates TBD!
Dive deep! We want to advance movement educators to a more important role in the health and wellness teams working with scoliosis and asymmetry.
The course is presented in four modules over four weeks. For each module there is pre-recorded self-study instruction and once a week live, INTERACTIVE practical sessions over Zoom.
This is a 16 hour Continuing Education Credit class (NPCP and CaPTA).
Enrollment Fee includes:
- 16 hours of pre-recorded instruction, available for the duration of the Course
- Four modules over four weeks, each a combination of pre-recorded material and a LIVE online interactive session via Zoom. Each Zoom session will be held on a Thursday at 10AM Eastern Time (US)
- Module 1: Foundation of Spinal Asymmetry and Scoliosis Management
- Module 2: Identifying the Pattern, Initial Exercise Foundation, Breaking Up the Pattern
- Module 3: Summary of Framework, Re-Directing the Pattern, Programming, Gait Case Study
- Module 4: Wrap-Up Discussion
- 16 CEC Certificate of Continuing Education (NPCP), 1.6 CEUs credit available for California Physical Therapy Association, and additional confirmation of completion as needed
Some lovely comments from our 2021 participants…
Learn the differences between functional versus structural scoliosis, and their varying causes. Train your eye to the individual differences each client uniquely owns, their “scolio-cues” for correctives. Learn functional assessment techniques that help to direct intervention for the biomechanical implications of curvature not only at the separate spinal curves but throughout the whole body. Create a profile to help you and your client better understand their present postures and strategies.
As a Pilates Method Movement Educator, you can and should be part of the modern multidisciplinary care team. Learn new exercises, modalities and a NEW APPROACH to helping your clients with scoliosis and spinal asymmetry!
It’s recommended that students have The Activ-Wedge® and Dr. Martin’s new book, Spinal Asymmetry and Scoliosis: Movement and Function Solutions for the Spine, Ribcage, and Pelvis (2018, Handspring Publishers). If you don’t already have these, please look for the links below. Note that these are separate purchases and not included in the course cost.
This class is approved for 16 Continuing Education credit hours by California Physical Therapy Association (CaPTA) and National Pilates Certification Program® (NPCP).