Spinal Asymmetry and Scoliosis – Level 1 Essentials
New 2023 Dates!
Dive deep! We want to advance YOU as movement educators to a more important role in the health and wellness teams that work with scoliosis and asymmetry.
The course is presented in four modules over two weekends. For each module there is pre-recorded self-study instruction and an INTERACTIVE live session over Zoom.
Enrollment Fee is $495, with Early Bird Pricing of $350 before May 14!
Enrollment Fee includes:
- Pre-recorded material, available for the duration of the Course
- Four modules over four days (two weekends), each a combination of pre-recorded material and a LIVE 2-hour online interactive session via Zoom. Each Zoom session will be held at 10AM and 6:30PM Eastern Time (US) and you are welcome to take both sessions in a day.
- Module 1: Foundation of Spinal Asymmetry and Scoliosis Management (July 15)
- Module 2: Identifying the Pattern, Initial Exercise Foundation, Breaking Up the Pattern (July 16)
- Module 3: Summary of Framework, Re-Directing the Pattern, Programming, Gait Case Study (July 22)
- Module 4: Wrap-Up Discussion (July 23)
- 18 CEC Certificate of Continuing Education (NPCP), 16 Contact hours credit available for California Physical Therapy Association (CaPTA), and additional confirmation of completion as needed
Some lovely comments from our participants…
Learn the differences between functional versus structural scoliosis, and their varying causes. Train your eye to the individual differences each client uniquely owns, their “scolio-cues” for correctives. Learn functional assessment techniques that help to direct intervention for the biomechanical implications of curvature not only at the separate spinal curves but throughout the whole body. Create a profile to help you and your client better understand their present postures and strategies.
As a Pilates Method Movement Educator, you can and should be part of the modern multidisciplinary care team. Learn new exercises, modalities and a NEW APPROACH to helping your clients with scoliosis and spinal asymmetry!
It’s recommended that students have The Activ-Wedge® and Dr. Martin’s new book, Spinal Asymmetry and Scoliosis: Movement and Function Solutions for the Spine, Ribcage, and Pelvis (2018, Handspring Publishers). If you don’t already have these, please look for the links below. Note that these are separate purchases and not included in the course cost.
This class is approved for 16 Continuing Education credit hours (1.6 CEUs) by California Physical Therapy Association (CaPTA) and 18 hours for the National Pilates Certification Program® (NPCP).