Spinal Asymmetry and Scoliosis – Level 1 Essentials
Next online/interactive Level 1 Sessions will be held in 2022. Contact us for further information!
Dive deep! We want to advance movement educators to a more important role in the health and wellness teams working with scoliosis and asymmetry.
We present a hybrid self-study/live Zoom course in three modules over three weeks, with a wrap-up session in the fourth week. For each module there is pre-recorded self-study instruction and once a week live, INTERACTIVE practical sessions.
This is a 16 hour Continuing Education Credit class (NPCP and CaPTA).
Enrollment Fee includes:
- 15 hours of pre-recorded instruction, five for each module, available for the duration of the Course
- Three modules over three weeks (week of June 16 skipped), each a combination of pre-recorded material and a LIVE online interactive practicum, with two times for US/UK and Asia learners (10AM EST and 8PM EST – you’re welcome to take both!)
- Module 1: Foundation of Spinal Asymmetry and Scoliosis Management
- Module 2: Identifying the Pattern, Initial Exercise Foundation, Breaking Up the Pattern
- Module 3: Summary of Framework, Re-Directing the Pattern, Programming, Gait Case Study
- Wrap-Up Discussion
- 16 CEC Certificate of Continuing Education (NPCP), 16 CEUs credit available for California Physical Therapy Association, and additional confirmation of completion as needed
Some lovely comments from our 2021 participants…
Learn the differences between functional versus structural scoliosis, and their varying causes. Train your eye to the individual differences each client uniquely owns, their “scolio-cues” for correctives. Learn functional assessment techniques that help to direct intervention for the biomechanical implications of curvature not only at the separate spinal curves but throughout the whole body. Create a profile to help you and your client better understand their present postures and strategies.
As a Pilates Method Movement Educator, you can and should be part of the modern multidisciplinary care team. Learn new exercises, modalities and a NEW APPROACH to helping your clients with scoliosis and spinal asymmetry!
Students should have The Activ-Wedge® and Dr. Martin’s new book, Spinal Asymmetry and Scoliosis: Movement and Function Solutions for the Spine, Ribcage, and Pelvis (2018, Handspring Publishers). If you don’t already have these, please look for the links below. Note that these are separate purchases and not included in the course cost.
Continuing Education Credit for California Physical Therapy Association and PMA® National Pilates Certification Program (NPCP): 16 CECs
Our travel plans for 2021 had to be cancelled, but we really want to see everyone! We hope to present LIVE and IN PERSON with our friends below, perhaps (we hope!) in 2022. Stay tuned for further developments and please reach out to us with questions and for further updates on our online Level 1 workshops in 2021 and 2022. More are planned!
Pilates by Apittiya, Bangkok, Thailand
Applied Movement, Singapore
Pilates Monterey, Monterey, CA
Meridian Pilates Studio, Vancouver, Canada