Foot Management – Level 1 Essentials
Learn Pilates from the ground up! All of our clients need help with their feet. Learn and practice not only foot and ankle exercises for the five arches of the feet, but learn mobilizations critical to longevity in foot health. Evolution is explained to better understand how we evolved into a bipedal human being.
More practical sessions focus on Pilates apparatus-specific applications to promote fascial connections as well as isolation of the 5 arches of the feet. Detailed osteokinematics of the foot and ankle complex as well as the use of traditional Pilates foot props are explored along with the wobble board, balls and rollers. Transformational gait training completes the training by organizing the fascial slings that make this training a full body experience, in the tradition of Joseph Pilates’ whole body commitment concept of exercise.
Enrollment Fee is $595 with $495 Early Bird Pricing available through September 29!
The Fee includes:
- Pre-recorded instruction, 2 hours per Module
- Four modules over two weekends, each a combination of pre-recorded material and a LIVE online interactive practical session over Zoom (2 hours). Time slots (10-noon and/or 6:30-8:30) will depend on enrollment. Contact us here for more information!
- Module 1: (September 30)
- Module 1 videos contain 2 hours of live recorded training on the background of the foot describing its anatomy, arches, foot type, axes, biomechanics and osteokinematics culminating in The Five Arches foundational exercises.
- Module 2: (October 1)
- Module 2 videos contain 2 hours of live recorded training broken up into 2 parts for easy viewing. It focuses on the axes of the complex with a review of the foundational exercises, continuing with supination, pronation explanations, and culminating with osteokinematics bone rhythm exercises.
- Module 3: (October 7)
- Module 3 videos contain 2 hours of live recorded training on common problems and assessments that help movement educators address clients’ needs. Ideas for easy products are offered that can aid minor foot problems.
- Module 4: (October 8)
- Module 4 videos contain 2 hours of live recorded training, continuing with a Q and A and progressing to the fascial, sacral and counter-rotational elements involved with gait.
- Module 1: (September 30)
16 CEC Certificate of Continuing Education (NPCP) and 16 Contact hours California Physical Therapy Ass’n (CaPTA) and additional confirmation of completion as needed
Some lovely comments from our Level 1 participants…
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Better understand the anatomy, biomechanics, osteokinematics of the foot core system and triplanar training concepts
- Identify, assess and recommend Pilates-based exercises for conditions associated with the ankle/foot complex
- Identify and implement lower extremity biomechanical fascial core concepts that promote full dynamic foot use function
- Identify, demonstrate and recommend stretches for fascial tightness related to general lower extremity issues
- Better understand specific mechanical correctives to aid clients in the Pilates environment
- Better understand how to integrate Standing Pilates into apparatus and prop use
- Better understand the fascial slings involved with the phases of gait and how to activate them in the Pilates environment
This is a 16 CEC (NPCP) and 16 Contact Hour (CaPTA) Continuing Education class.