Filling the Survivor Gap- Breast and Abdominal/Pelvic Cancer Restoration
Next Level 1 Sessions will be held in 2022. Contact us for further information and to be added to our mailing list.
Meet the pressing needs of clients living with breast, pelvic and abdominal cancers, post-surgery and preparing for surgery. Learn specific applications in the Pilates environment aimed at the skilled intervention level of a licensed physical therapist, certified Pilates instructor, or nurse.
Students will also have the opportunity to learn about Level 2 in the Breast and Abdominal Cancer Specialization Program – an exciting opportunity to build on the knowledge gained in this program, which comprises Level 1, with mentorship and on-site or distance learning options.
We present a hybrid self-study/live Zoom course in four modules over four weeks. For each module there is pre-recorded self-study instruction and once a week live, INTERACTIVE practical instruction over Zoom.
This is a 16 hour Continuing Education Credit class (NPCP).
Enrollment Fee includes:
- 8 hours of pre-recorded instruction, two for each module, available for the duration of the Course
- Four modules over four weeks, each a combination of pre-recorded material and a LIVE interactive practical session on Zoom. All Zom sessions take place from 10AM-12PM EDT, with 30 minute Q-A session before.
- Module 1: Zoom Session October 6
- Module 2: Zoom Session October 13
- Module 3: Zoom Session October 20
- Module 4: Zoom Session October 27
- 16 CEC Certificate of Continuing Education (NPCP) and additional confirmation of completion as needed.
Some lovely comments from our 2021 Level 1 participants…
Breast, abdominal and pelvic cancer survivorship have become common chronic conditions for a number of people, especially women, due to the length women live and so find themselves living longer in survivorship.
A survivor gap exists between initial intensive medical treatment and any ongoing follow-up care. The term “survivor gap” recognizes this gap in cancer care for the survivors who are “lost in transition from patient to survivor” where survivors are now out on their own.
The Pilates Method, therapeutically applied, is an excellent medium to guide these persons undergoing a life-altering experience. Meet the pressing need of clients living with breast, pelvic and abdominal cancers. Learn specific applications in the Pilates environment aimed at the skilled intervention level of a licensed physical therapist, certified Pilates instructor, or nurse. Discover how you can facilitate the rehabilitation of reconstruction procedures and avoid lymphedema risks.
Specific benefits and contraindications of Pilates are explained. Course content also reviews structural assessment and current research on the positive rationale for exercise for cancer survivors.
Guidelines are provided on how to progress clients, avoid lymphedema, and an introduction to the concepts of Level 2, which covers a complete physical program, including various manual treatments.
• 16 hours of interactive instruction, presented LIVE online
• Learn the new MOTR® work out for Strength for Survivors!
• a certificate of completion and professional recommendations as appropriate
This is approved for 16 hour Continuing Education Credits by the National Pilates Certification Program® (NPCP).