Learn 26 Pilates-based mat exercises to target repetitive stress injuries of the upper body. Learn integration of the diaphragmatic ring, scapular complex and upper spine with a precise therapeutic program in order to achieve this goal.
List of Objectives
Students will be able to:
- Identify the components of upper extremity repetitive stress injury and rehabilitation: posture, scapular mechanics, diaphragmatic breath, nerve tension and glide, lymphatic congestion, bedtime positioning, therapeutic exercise/walking, regard for the promotion of healthy body usage.
- Describe the physical and psychosocial effects of stress on human physiology.
- Describe the best postural positions and relationship of the head, neck and shoulders to the center of gravity.
- Describe the leveraging role of the shoulder girdle and its anatomical/mechanical relationship to the torso.
- Describe the motions of the ribcage and the mechanics of diaphragmatic breathing.
- Describe how the lymphatic system is different from the arterial/venous circulation.
- Learn and experiment with 26 Pilates-based mat exercises specifically designed for the prevention and post-acute rehabilitation of upper extremity repetitive stress injuries.
Physical Therapists and PT Assistants (CAPTA)
California Nurses (CA Board of Registered Nursing)
Educational Level: Intermediate/Advanced
Special Needs Requests will be accommodated wherever possible. Pilates Therapeutics is committed to 100% customer satisfaction.