Focus on the therapeutic application of the Pilates Method in balancing the pelvis in relation to the spine and lower extremities. Learn mat exercises and strategies to address pelvic obliquity and its ramifications into the spine and lower extremities.
List of Objectives
- Describe the skeletal anatomy of the pelvis, with its gender differences, and its relationship to the spine and lower extremities
- Explain the physical dynamics of the pelvis
- Describe the best postural positions and relationship of the head, back, pelvis and lower extremities in relation to the center of gravity
- Explain the importance of the intervertebral discs, and the impact of posture upon their health
- Facilitate the use of the inner unit and describe its importance in the stability of the low back
Apply the Beighton criteria for hypermobility with their clients
- Describe the role of the use of the Pilates Method in lumbar stabilization
- Describe the neurodevelopmental sequence and its importance to gait
- Learn and experiment with 24 Pilates-based mat exercises specifically designed to promote balancing of imbalanced pelvic musculature and so improve low back stability and optimal lower extremity mechanics
Physical Therapists and PT Assistants (CAPTA)
California Nurses (CA Board of Registered Nursing)
Educational Level: Intermediate/Advanced
Special Needs Requests will be accommodated wherever possible. Pilates Therapeutics is committed to 100% customer satisfaction.