List of Objectives
- Identify the components of upper extremity repetitive stress injury and rehabilitation: posture, scapular mechanics, diaphragmatic breath, nerve tension and glide, lymphatic congestion, bedtime positioning, therapeutic exercise/walking, regard for the promotion of healthy body usage;
- Describe the physical and psychosocial effects of stress on human physiology;
- Describe the best postural positions and relationship of the head, neck and shoulders to the center of gravity;
- Describe the leveraging role of the shoulder girdle and its anatomical/mechanical relationship to the torso;
- Describe the motions of the ribcage and the mechanics of diaphragmatic breathing;
- Describe how the lymphatic system is different from the arterial/venous circulation;
- Learn and experiment with 26 Pilates-based mat exercises specifically designed for the prevention and post-acute rehabilitation of upper extremity repetitive stress injuries.
- 5 Contact Hours (5 PMA CECs, 5 CaBRN CEUs, 5 CPTA CEUs)
- Target Audience:
- Physical Therapists and PT Assistants
- California Nurses (CA Board of Registered Nursing)
- Educational Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Special Needs Requests will be accommodated wherever possible. Pilates Therapeutics is committed to 100% customer satisfaction.