Learn about impact of scoliosis on the breath, the anatomy of breathing, and how to perform a simple breath measure. Learn core exercises to fine tune the breath into the lobes of the lungs.
List of Objectives
Students will be able to:
- Describe the anatomy of breathing;
- Describe the impact of scoliosis upon the ribcage and breathing;
- Describe the hallmarks of conservative scoliosis management;
- Perform a self-test to measure lung volume;
- Learn exercises to better facilitate breathing;
- Describe imagery techniques to facilitate better breathing;
- Learn dynamics of inhalation and exhalation by fine-tuning the lobes of the lungs;
- Facilitate core exercises emphasizing;
- Learn 17 Pilates-based mat exercises to promote better breathing and improve scoliosis management;
- Learn strategies to bring better breathing principles into daily life while showering, traveling in the car, walking and doing desk work.
- 3 Contact Hours (3 PMA CECs, 3 CaBRN CEUs, 3 CPTA CEUs)
- Target Audience:
- Physical Therapists and PT Assistants
- California Nurses (CA Board of Registered Nursing)
- Educational Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Special Needs Requests will be accommodated wherever possible. Pilates Therapeutics is committed to 100% customer satisfaction.