Learn Pilates from the ground up! All of our clients need help with their feet! Learn and practice not only foot and ankle exercises for the five arches of the feet, but learn mobilizations critical to longevity in foot health. Evolution is explained to better understand how we evolved into a bipedal human being.
More practical sessions focus on Pilates Apparatus-Specific Applications to promote fascial connections as well as isolation of the 5 arches of the feet. Detailed osteo-kinematics of the foot and ankle complex as well as the use of traditional Pilates foot props are explored along with the wobble board, balls and rollers. Transformational gait training completes the training by organizing the fascial slings that make this training a full body experience, in the tradition of Joseph Pilates’ whole body commitment concept of exercise.
We will examine innovative training concepts including short foot and barefoot training, Jump and Fascial Recoil Progressions, deep integration with the Pilates Environment.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Better understand the anatomy, biomechanics, osteokinematics of the foot core system and triplanar training concepts
- Identify, assess and recommend Pilates-based exercises for conditions associated with the ankle/foot complex
- Identify and implement lower extremity biomechanical fascial core concepts that promote full dynamic foot use function
- Identify, demonstrate and recommend stretches for fascial tightness related to general lower extremity issues
- Better understand specific mechanical correctives to aid clients in the Pilates environment
- Better understand how to integrate Standing Pilates into apparatus and prop use
- Better understand the fascial slings involved with the phases of gait and how to activate them in the Pilates environment
This is a 16 CEC (NPCP/PMA) Continuing Education class. EARLY BIRD ENROLLMENT OF $250 ends July 6! After July 6, our standard enrollment fee for Level 1 courses of $495 applies.