Research shows that survivors of breast cancer benefit from exercise in general and particularly need strength training. Additional research shows that Pilates exercises increase flexibility, and greatly add to the quality of life for survivors.
Restoration on the MOTR®, an exciting new tool from Balanced Body®, (not included in course price), allows survivors of any age group to have the option of adding Pilates-based strength development. The MOTR®, pictured, combines the comfort of a foam roller with the challenge of three weight level resistances, giving you a challenging and incredibly diverse workout tool. Find out more about how to order the MOTR® here.
Dr. Suzanne Martin, DPT, ACSM Certified Cancer Exercise Specialist, ACSM Exercise Physiologist and Certified Lymphatic Therapist, presents and demonstrates a progressive set of 6 Levels of Difficulty of Pilates-based exercises specifically designed for the needs of upper body restoration from surgery. The video is also useful for anyone desiring to follow a stepped approach to upper body strength.
- 5 Contact Hours (5 NPCP CECs, 5 CPTA CEUs)
- Target Audience:
- Physical Therapists and PT Assistants
- PMA® NPCP Nationally Certified Pilates Teachers
- Educational Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Special Needs Requests will be accommodated wherever possible. Pilates Therapeutics is committed to 100% customer satisfaction.